ESL Pathway Program
The ESL Pathway Program is designed to enable students who have less than the minimum required IELTS scores to be accepted to Yorkville University programs and adjust to an English academic environment.
The program offers three levels of study focused on improving English language skills in reading, writing and oral comprehension. Each level is 12 weeks in duration and addresses skills such as academic writing, group discussions, analyzing academic reading materials, critical thinking, delivering effective presentations, and research and referencing.
January, April, July, October
12 weeks per level (25 hours per week)
Oxford Placement Test
Students applying to Yorkville University programs in Ontario without an IELTS score will be asked to complete the Oxford Placement Test to determine their placement in either Beginner Pathway, Level 1, or Level 2 of the ESL Pathway Program.
Students with an IELTS score of at least 5.5 (or equivalent) but below 6.0 are able to enroll in Yorkville University’s regular academic programs and in an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course in Term 1. English for Academic Purposes (EAP) is a required course in their first term of studies. There is no additional cost to the program when students take the EAP course.
- Students whose IELTS score (or equivalent) is 4.5 or higher but lower than 5.5 will have to successfully complete Level 2 of the ESL Pathway Program.
- Students whose IELTS score (or equivalent) is lower than 4.5 but above 4.0 will have to successfully complete Level 1 and Level 2 of the ESL Pathway Program.
- Students whose IELTS score is lower than 4.0 will have to successfully complete Beginner, Level 1 and Level 2 of the ESL Pathway Program.
|IELTS LEVEL||ESL PATHWAY PROGRAM LEVEL|
|4.5 – 5.5||Level 2|
|4.0 – 4.5||Level 1|
The ESL Pathway program is currently offered: online.
Tuition & Fees
The fees listed include tuition, international student and other compulsory fees.
- Health Insurance is not included. You can purchase your health insurance policy by visiting inglestudents.com/products-services/student-insurance.
- Homestay fees can vary from $230-$250 per week based on the type of accommodation. Additional fees may apply for special services like added meals or transportation.
- The application fee for the ESL Pathway Program is $100 (non-refundable).
- The tuition deposit is $3,908. This deposit is applied to tuition fees when students start the program
|October intakes||Beginner||Level 1||Level 2|