Discover Yorkville University Resources:
Learn more about Yorkville University in our brochures, academic calendars and schedules, and helpful videos, which can help you decide the path best for you. If you have any further questions not covered by our program FAQ, please contact an Admissions Advisor.
Because Yorkville University is approved as a degree-granting university in three provinces of Canada, Yorkville University has three academic calendars. The calendar that is relevant for you depends on the program in which you are enrolled and the province in which the program is designated.
The Academic Calendars provide students with general information like important dates, deadlines, services and policies. It is also a source to find out about regulations such as graduation requirements, codes of conduct and more.
You can also find detailed information about the University programs and course descriptions for all its course offerings.
Please note that it is a student’s responsibility to be aware of all relevant deadlines relating to their program of study.
Download one of Yorkville University’s Academic Calendars by clicking the link below:
British Columbia Academic Calendar
Students interested in the Bachelor of Business Administration in General (without specialization), Project Management, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Energy Management through British Columbia.
Ontario Academic Calendar
Students interested in the Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management and the Bachelor of Interior Design through Ontario.
New Brunswick Academic Calendar
Students interested in the Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Master of Education and General Bachelor of Business Administration through New Brunswick.
2020 New Brunswick Academic Schedule
Students interested in the Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Master of Education and General Bachelor of Business Administration through New Brunswick:
2020 British Columbia Academic Schedule
Students interested in the Bachelor of Business Administration (General), Project Management, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Energy Management through British Columbia:
2020 New Brunswick Academic Schedule
Students interested in the Interior Decorating Associate Diploma through New Brunswick:
2020 Ontario Academic Schedule
Students interested in the Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management and the Bachelor of Interior Design through Ontario:
At a minimum, Yorkville University students should have a DSL, cable or equivalent internet connection with 5mbps download speed as a minimum, email capability, and access to one of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome, version 80 or higher (current is best)
- Mozilla Firefox, version 70 or higher (current is best)
Note: Yorkville does not recommend using other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari. Students using an Apple computer are recommended to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox which is available for free download online.
Students should have a computer capable of accessing the internet and have experience using email and browsing web pages; recommended minimum computer configuration includes:
- A PC or Mac with Intel Core2, Core i3 or AMD Athlon X4, A or FX Series or Phenom class processor
- 8gb or RAM memory
- 2gb or more free disk space
Up-to-date anti-virus software is also highly recommended. Avast, AVGFree, BitDefender, Windows Defender or Sophos are good anti-virus programs which have free editions free for personal use.
Finally, students will need office software including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation tools (such Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other software tools to submit assignments electronically. As part of your enrolment to a Yorkville University program you will be provided with a free Microsoft Office 365. Students who do not have Microsoft office may want to download the OpenOffice platform, which is also available online, free of charge.
Bachelor of Interior Design Technology Requirements
- The following system and software requirements are mandatory for all online students.
- The following system and software requirements are recommended for on campus students who plan to complete coursework without being on campus.
Interior Design Computer System Requirements
- Intel Core i5/i7 or Core m Series processor or AMD equivalent
- 8gb RAM or greater (16gb is recommended)
- 8gb of free disk space for installation of software
- Graphics card with 512mb of memory (a discrete graphics card is not required but is strongly recommended)
- Speakers/Microphone or headset (only required if taking courses delivered online)
Additional Requirements for ADOBE Creative Suite and Autodesk Building Design Suite (required for Term 1 online courses) https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud.html
- Windows 8 or 10 (Home, Professional or Enterprise Edition) running in 64bit mode (32bit mode will not support AutoDesk applications)
- 30gb of available hard-disk space for installation: additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
- Graphics card with 512mb of memory (a discrete graphics card with 1gb or more memory is not required but is strongly recommended)
- Broadband internet connection required for on-line service
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 10 (Home, Professional or Enterprise Edition)
- Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2016
- SketchUp Pro 2016
- V-Ray for SketchUp with License Dongle
- Adobe Creative Cloud Student Subscription
Note: Users of Mac computers may use the native Mac version of the software, but will face numerous differences in the user interface between it and the PC version. It is therefore recommended that students without access to a PC run the PC version through a Windows emulator or virtual machine on their Macs. Check the AutoCAD website for information on system requirements and options on running AutoCAD software on a Mac.