For more Information call Follow us on: Twitter Facebook Google Plus Youtube Linkedin

HOME  /  Admissions  /  International Students

International Students

Yorkville University is a Canadian university that offers professional degree programs through an innovative online learning platform. Yorkville University is proud to welcome students from around the world, assisting them to reach their full potential. Unlike other Canadian Universities, Yorkville University does not assess a differential fee to International Students that study their programs fully online they will pay the same fees as Canadian Citizens or Landed Immigrants.


Want to find out about programs offered at Yorkville University? Go to the Request Information form.


Application Yorkville University accepts qualifies applicants from all countries. Applicants must:

  • Submit high school or post-secondary transcripts.
  • Be proficient in English.
  • Meet program specific requirements.


To apply to a program, complete an online application form and send us:

  • Officially translated copies of you secondary or post-secondary transcripts.
  • Officially notarized copies of your original secondary or post-secondary transcripts.
  • ESL proficiency test results.
  • If you are applying for a credit transfer from a post-secondary program, please also send translated program outlines an course descriptions.
  • Application fee ($75 CAD).


Yorkville University encourages applications from students transferring from other post-secondary institutions. In addition to meeting admissions requirements, you must submit translated course descriptions and a program outline in order for your course to be considered for transfer.


If English is not their first language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency:

  • International students are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting the results of an approved standardized test.
  • International applicants with International documentation and transcripts who wish to wave the standardized testing English requirements (TOEFL, IELTS), must present evidence of:
    • A minimum of three years of full-time study in and English language secondary school and/or school system (the primary language of instruction and evaluation is English).
    • Successful completion of at least two years of study in a recognized college in English is sufficient to demonstrate competency in English
    • Successful completion of at least one year of study in a recognized university, or successful completion of a one-year post graduate certificate at a recognized college in English is sufficient to demonstrate competency in English.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT 80 CBT 213 PBT 550
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Academic 6.0
Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTEST) – Reading/Listening/Speaking – Writing 4.5 4.0
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) 76
Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) 60
Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (CLBA) – Average on reading, listening and speaking 6
Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 55
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 176

If you meet the admission requirements, but do not have the required ESL proficiency score, you may be admitted by successfully completing an English as a Second Language program. The following is a list of approved ESL programs and levels:

Disclaimer for International Students

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) policy (available at ) states that you ARE eligible to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program IF you graduated from a: Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree) but only if you are enrolled in a study programs leading to a degree as authorized by the province.

Graduates of Yorkville University’s on-campus Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a specialization in Project Management program in Toronto, Ontario and BBA with specializations in Project Management, Accounting, Supply Chain Management and Energy Management in Vancouver, British Columbia will be eligible to apply for their Post-Graduate Work Permit.

Yorkville University recommends that all students interested in applying to extend their stay in Canada reach out to the IRCC or to a qualified Immigration Consultant for more information.

*The Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Number for Yorkville University (British Columbia) is O129034707957.

*The Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Number for Yorkville University (Ontario) is O19396019511.

Back to Top