With the news of two presumptive cases of Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Toronto, we understand there could be some anxiety in the school community. We want to assure you we are monitoring the situation carefully, and the institution is following all official directions from public health officials. We will provide updates as required.
We want to remind students that public health officials state that the risk of contracting the virus is low at this time. However, to help you protect yourself from possible infection, Health officials recommend you:
- Wash your hands frequently and well with soap and water
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with others
- If you are sick, contact a health care provider about your symptoms and inform them of your travel history
Symptoms of the Coronavirus range from common to severe respiratory illness and include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. If you have recently travelled internationally and are experiencing these symptoms, avoid contact with others, see a health care provider and tell them the countries you visited. You should also email your program advisor.